How To Prevent Wrinkles?
Wrinkles, those expression and aging signs we all get as we age. Yes, there is no escaping them. However you can help remove their prominence and reduce the incidence of them occurring in the future. This article outlines a few ways to do this.
There are some general ways to prevent wrinkles in the first place. This includes not staying out in the sun for too long. If you have been in the sun, do moisturize your face and skin afterwards with either vitamin E or some other skin replenishing cream.
However what about getting rid of wrinkles once they have formed?
A Few Home Remedies To Remove Wrinkles:
1. For removing deep facial wrinkles first put together this home made mixture:
Mix in a bowl, 1 tsp. of plain yogurt, 1/2 tsp. of orange juice, 1/4 cup of bananas 1 tsp. of honey.
Spread the mixture on the face using the hands and then lie down for 15 minutes.
The results will surprise you!
2. Rub lemon juice over your entire face twice a day. This will tighten pores and reduce wrinkles as well as get rid of dark shadows under the eyes. To get the best results ensure that you moisturize after applying the lemon juice each time.
3. Sleep on your back. Yes that is right! Make sure you sleep on your back since apparently this reduces the chance of wrinkles forming!
4. Sleep plenty or at least get enough. Having enough sleep means that you naturally produce enough human growth hormone which restores skin elasticity. If you do not get enough sleep the opposite happens, you produce too much cortisol which reduces your skin’s elasticity.
5. Drink water and plenty of it. Just as for any part of the body and any skin parts, drinking plenty of natural water leads to better skin toning and health, that includes the minimal amount of wrinkles due to lack of elasticity.
6. Do not wash your face too often and if you do use cold water not hot or warm. This helps the facial skin retain its elasticity and good health. Also use skin friendly soaps such as those that do not have any additional scents or perfumes. Dove has a range of soaps that are natural as you can get especially good ones not only for sensitive skin but also for maintaining healthy skin in general.
Of course in addition to the above points, eating healthily, including lots of fruit and vegetables is a must for maintaining healthy, glowing skin free of wrinkles.
As mentioned above more than adequate sleep is necessary as is reducing or eliminating excessive stress wherever possible. There is always the option for regular home face masks which can be bought at local chemists and applied at night.
If you want to really turn to home remedies consider using even more food mixtures such as in tip 1. Nature already has many ways of helping us retain our youth and these are a great place to start.
These include cucumbers placed over the eyelids for preventing wrinkles under the eyelids and retaining good, healthy skin.
1/4 cup finely ground oats (use a coffee grinder)
2 tablespoons whole-milk plain yogurt, preferably organic
1 teaspoon honey
Mix the above blend in a bowl and apply to face and neck. Leave on for up to 15 minutess and then gently wash off with warm water, patting to remove the mask, not rubbing.
Add to this official visits to the natural aromatherapist for a relaxing facial massage and you are well on your way to removing existing wrinkles and also preventing future lines.